those who join me in my head--hello---is anyone there?

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Devine Intervention

We drove to Norton Friday night, and, as we got closer to Norton, I remember thinking, ya gotta watch out for the deer's.....
We were with in 5 miles to the nice town of Norton KS, out in the middle of NO WHERE...and, coming over a hill, I saw, a deer...
standing off to the left of the center line....Scared she was going to run infront of me, I started to steer to the right, but, then realized there was another deer right where I was heading....I hit the breaks but did not panic!
As I felt the car gliding slower and steered to the left..just as the deer darted forward, right in front of me....(it all seemed so sureal...like I was not the one in control of the car at that moment)
The car hit the deer on the drivers side....the Explorer came to a complete stop, the deer skidded off to the ditch and the other deer ran in the other direction.

Partner got out, to check out the damage....
Amazingingly.....
not one broken light, or dent in the car...
After having stories of 2 other deer-car collisions in our church family, I felt as tho mine was a definite Divine Intervention...
We drove on to Norton, a bit shaken, but, mostly amazed that the car was not damaged at all. Not knowing if the deer was dead or alive, we should have stopped to see, but knowing there was nothing we could do about it if she was injured, no gun to take care of the poor thing. I said a little prayer that she didn't have to suffer and went on. The next morning we drove back to see if she was there, and, not really sure where we were in mileage we did see a dead deer but it seemed closer into town than what partner seemed to think would have been ours, but, it was the only dead one along the road....further down in the ditch than what I thought mine had skidded, so she may have been able to move a bit further but not too far...
None the less, I am so sorry I ended the life of a little innocent creature of God, but so thankful for His intervention to slow the car down to not hit the deer so hard that it could have caused so much damage to the car that we would have had serious problems getting back to hometown usa.