those who join me in my head--hello---is anyone there?

Friday, September 08, 2006

Her pain is over

Emma Louise, my sister, probably the only other person in my life that could look at me and know I was torn up inside is now gone. The window of opportunity to get to know her is now over.
Emmie as I called her, was taken from cemetary of our mom in 1959 by her bio dad, along with our other sister and two brothers, dropped off at his new wife (who didnt know he had another family) in Washington State. From there, taken to an abusive uncle, and then when he was done with her taken to an orphanage where she was sexually abused and made to feel even less of a human being.....she grabbed ahold of the first person who could help her get out of there when she was 18, from there on out her life was one living hell to another one. When I first found my bio granny in 1975, she told me she didnt know where any of the kids were since she had not seen them since our bio moms funeral in 1959. It was several years later that I recieved a phone call from Emmie excited that she thought I was the baby sister who was 2 when our momma died. It took me several months if not a year to convince her i was adopted out at birth, and, that I was not Nancy Jo who was 2 when our momma died.
Over the years of getting to know her, it was only thru snail mail letters since she could never afford to pay off her phone bills, and never had a phone for long. Even tho she never really opened up and told me her hurts and pains in life, she and i had a special emotional bond. I guess that is the sister thing.
Emma Louise passed on last night, alone, in a nursing home, full of bone cancer, she died with her own thoughts and dreams never told, never fullfilled....... Emmal Louise loved her kids more than life its self, and there is so much about my sister I will never know.....for that I mourn, the lost opportunities to know her more.
I love you Emmie.....

No comments: