those who join me in my head--hello---is anyone there?

Sunday, September 10, 2006

I know that God lives

Words of Job,
"everyone who knows me avoids me..............
If only my words were written in a book, better yet, chiseled in stone!
Still, I know that God lives----the One who give me back my life--- and eventually he'll take his stand on earth.
And I'll see him----even tho I get skinned alive!---See God myself, with my very own eyes, oh , how I long for that day! paraphrased from The Message

I love it!!! The introduction of Job in The Message says that Sufferers attract fixers the way roadkills attract vultures. At first we are impressed that they bother with us and amazed at their facility with answers. Actually, i have found no one with answers, other than telling me to kick the devil in the balls and start praising God!!!

I loved it Friday as I was grieving the passing of my sister, and the leaving of my partner one of the ladies from the church comes in and sits her ass down and pretends to be so sympathetic to me, listens to me pour out my heart then immediatly starts telling me how she has no status, about how the board of one of the nursing homes has nilled and nulified her and how she just isnt being listened to. LIKE I REALLY CARED ABOUT THAT AT THE MOMENT????
I didnt mean to be unsympathetic to her "problem" but I guess she really had nothing to say to me so to dump her lack of self worth on me too. She is one of the biggest problem makers in the church, causes people to not want to take on jobs and causes much hurt in peoples feelings because she jumps on them for not crossing t's and dotting i's!
Yet she is an ordained minister!!!!!!! HOW PATHETIC!!!!
I looked her in the eye, after her complaining that she had no status, and said " you know, that is what is wrong with this church, everyone has such a huge ego, there is no room for GOD"
Well, needless to say she didnt stay sitting much longer, she gathered her things and left.
I was in NO MOOD TO LISTEN TO THAT BULLSHIT!

I miss my partner, I miss my best friend, I dont want pity from people, I just want a friend!
Someone who says, I know, I have been there, I understand your pain, give me a hug and maybe stand in prayer with me and help me just move on....
The Message says it best....." So, instead of continuing to focus on preventing suffering--- which we simply won't be very successful at anyway--- perhaps we should begin entering the suffering, participating insofar as we are able--- entering the mysterday of looking around for God. In other words, we need to quit feeling sorry for people who suffer and instead look up to them, learn from them, and--- if they will let us---- join them in protest and prayer. Pity can be nearsighted and condescending; shared suffering can be difnifying and life-changing. As we look at Job's suffering and praying and worshiping, we see that he has already blased a trail of courage and integrity for us to follow".

"Sometimes it's hard to know just how to follow Job's lead when we feel so alone in our suffering, and unsure of what God wants us to do".

No comments: