those who join me in my head--hello---is anyone there?

Friday, December 22, 2006

Thinking abut getting married? Think about it.....

35 years ago today Dec. 22, 1969. I got married at age 17....In love with love...Too proud to back away once I realized it was going to be a mistake. Back then....Girls didn't move out to live alone...
and...I didn't have plans to go to collage, no one in my family ever had gone..I didn't have a clue ever where to start....
these are a few of the lessons I Have learned in two marriages, and, a live in partner....
hope it helps someone from making the same mistake I made 35 years ago...
I wish someone would have given me these things to think about....Not sure If I would have been able to really comprehend them, but...Something in side of me wishes someone would have cared enough to talk to me about why I ws getting married so young!


if a guy doesn't treat you good before marriage, he AINT going to change the day you say I DO!

don't rely on any man to make you happy
and don't rely on any man to keep you warm, and fed.

Unless. HE has given you these things before your married, he will NOT change the day you marry him!

don't settle for less....
because the day you marry he is not going to have a light come on and say, I am going to fill every need from this day forward.
If he doesn't fill your needs now...He WONT do it the day after you say I DO....

don't be in love with love just because everyone else is....Or...Because your afraid of being alone...
if you don't know who YOU ARE before you say I DO
once you have another lug to pull around, and kids in tow..You WONT HAVE THE TIME to find out who you are until, your alone again!

Everyone woman has a purpose, we have been taught that the men had more purpose in life than women, but, that is such a lie!

Find your path, and take it, in that, your true joys will come, and your true love will show....

I have come full circle, with in living 5 houses from where I lived before getting married all those years ago. This time, no parents to keep me in line, or have to answer to, and no one to help me out when I fall down.
Ihave to become that independent person, Ialways wanted to be. But...how...

I have tried and tried to find that path, but, it sees to be so illusive

No comments: