those who join me in my head--hello---is anyone there?

Thursday, September 01, 2005

it has begun

Yes this is the worst disaster ever seen by most Americans, but, not the worst in the world.
History has shown, Volcano's (Pompei) Earthquakes (Mexico City)
Hurricane's (Galveston Texas 1900))
http://www.randomhouse.com/features/isaacsstorm/

OK, so New Orlean's has been wiped off the map, why were they not prepared?
Why did they not have emergency action in place?
This is AMERICA!
We are supposed to be the ones in control, and we have police who are walking off the job because they are too chicken to stand up to the bad guys?
They go after these guys in drug raids daily, but now that its day light and they are not the ones walking into the houses in control, they dont know how to stand up to the enemy?
This is rediculous!
and our guys are over in IRAQ where the "TERRORISTS" are fighting to get us out of their country, and we are in "CONTROL?"
I think this is just a pre "course" in survival and the good people of the USA better get used to it. with the way things have been going over the past 30 years, or so people have had it too good and most of us have never seen real disaster.
I lived thru the flood here in hometown, it wiped out everything in our home but at least the house was re-usable.
These people will not have homes to go back to.
The anarchy is hard to understand but the frustration on their part is really understandable.
Which leaves me to ask,
When we do finally see it, will we be strong enough to walk thru it?
Or cave to the winds?
This past year has been hell for me and I surely dont look forward to walking thru anything worse. BUT...I have to know if Im strong enough!
What is the option?
people say, hang in there....well...shit...thats all I have done for 30 years...
hang in there, Im pretty tired of just hanging in there, but what more can I do?
A friend of mine once said "when God takes you to the end of the rope, he will always give you another knot to hang on to"
Some days I just get tired of hanging on to knots would like a little more than that!
BUT SO THANK FULL tonight, for everything I have, because so many have so much less.

No comments: