those who join me in my head--hello---is anyone there?

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

is it real or just a dream?

Have the days of the end been piling up on us while we were all sleeping?
Being slaves to the almighty dollar, is it all coming to an abrupt end only to have us wake up in hell? I mean, everyone is so busy trying to stay afloat, but, not really knowing what is going on in our own world, is this a wake up call?
8 months ago I was living in Florida lying on the couch watching scenes of the tsunami while, now, being back in Kansas, laying on the couch watching scenes of America's tsunami, the devistation is horrible, sickening, and beyond belief! Knowing something like this was going to happen sooner or later but it has happened, now what? How will the states respond, how will the world respond?
I wish I were free to just go, be there, help where ever I could. But, I have bills to pay too...and with my health, I would end up being one taken off to the disposal pile, not knowing what to do with the ill, sick, elderly, weakened persons who are suffering. My heart goes out to them, every one of them, rich, poor, young, old, they are all suffering. WAtching them walk thru the water, in an daze not knowing where to go, where they will have some safety, some place to lay their head at night, and maybe a warm meal to eat, and clean water to drink, let alone a dry set of clothes and a shower!
I cant help but think that taking them to the Houston Superdome is wrong, I know they are desperate, but, how long will they be stranded there too?
Why cant they set up tent cities on the out skirts of the area where they know as home? Oh, Im glad Im not in charge, my prayers go to those who are, and those who are suffering.

what will the next 8 months bring to us?

No comments: