those who join me in my head--hello---is anyone there?

Friday, November 25, 2005

The day is fast approaching

Oh way cool, I just found the ABC check on my Google tool bar! No more having to type blog on email first to do a spell check! Hey this is getting better and better all the time, now if I could just figure out how to do some of the other things online I have always wanted to do, such as a REAL website, not just a blog!

Anyway, son is going to be coming sometime today, I still need to get groceries, and all the china out. Its been stored away wrapped in newspapers for over 10 years.
10 years, a hole nuther life time ago...I had money, I was married to a man I really loved, for the most part I was happy. It all changed in an wink of an eye or so it seems now so long ago.
But that was yesterday, today is a new start, I finally have my house looking like a home, going to have my china all unwrapped and on the table for a REAL meal!
no left over hospital food today!
I don't care if I don't have money for groceries for a month, just so I can get the food together for this meal. Things are looking better on that part too. I got my work schedule for December, she has me on for 14 days that month! Its going to keep me from going to a catering in KC but, to me that is well worth it. I really didn't want to go anyway. It sounded like a dreadfully difficult feed. 2 days (48hour) 2 different sites, at 2 different times with just the four of us! AND STEAKS no less! I'm glad I cant go. I hate to do it to my cousin, honestly I do, but, at the same time, I feel it is a saving grace on my end....
Those 2 day feeds are a real killer. She must make some really good money, or, she just cant say no! I would NEVER take on those kinds of ordeals in my own business, and the only reason I have gone so far is because I HAD TO HAVE THE MONEY!
Standing at a grill for 12-15 hours with Nothing but a potty break is JUST nothing less than HELL on the body. After being there 48 hours with little more than 4 hour sleep break and going after groceries every 4 hours or standing at the grill the whole time. Leaves me totally wiped out, I come home and just want to lay on the couch for 4 days! But, normally end up having to go to my other job. My other job is just as physically challenging, but at least after 8.5 -9 hours I get to come home and crash. Its when she puts me on the schedule for more than 4 days straight that gets to me. I just aint as young as I used to be!!!! The song, "The old grey mare aint what she used to be" brings on a whole nother meaning!!!
December will be one of those schedules but at least she didn't put me on 7 days straight like she did in August! I wish everyone who has NEVER worked in the food industry would have to work at least one month, at one very demanding position. They would become so much more appreciative at us "low life" workers.
I want out of the food service, but it seems no matter what job I go apply for, all they can see is my food service work, and bypass me on hiring. If I dont put my food service jobs down, I dont have anything on my application. How do people bluff their way into jobs they dont have experience for, but, know they can do it...?

Well this post has taken on a different direction than what I started out with.
But guess I needed to get it said.

No comments: