those who join me in my head--hello---is anyone there?

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Happy Anniversary Bri & Le

It was a beautiful day, Nov. 5 1994. One of the most beautiful weddings I had ever gone to. Her self designed, hand sewn gown was made of satin overlaid with soft chantilly lace. I enjoyed sewing the pearls on to the bodice of the gown(1 hour before the wedding started) OH what stress!! I standing there with my hair not done, and trying to sew pearls onto the bodice when a sister from the church saw my stress and came in and asked if she could do my hair. Oh Thank you sister! The dress was tea length with which she wore old fashioned cream colored boots. Burgandy floral dresses were worn by the attendants, the guys all got to wear cream linen jackets.
As they walked down the isle, her dad with his little girl, the sun showed thru the stained glass windows bringing a rainbow down to the alter. It was as tho God was inviting them to worship HIM right there, right then. It was such a blessing.
After the reception we all went outside with 1000 balloons to be let loose in the Kansas wind. It was awesome to watch them being wisped away, pearl cream, burgundy, and forest green filled the sky.
It seems so long ago, she was just a tiny babe in my arms, now she is a wife, a mommy, a nurse, my daughter, my friend. She chose Nov. 5th to honor her grandma and grandpa, they were so proud. Grandma didnt get to meet her great granddaughter, she would have been so excited.
Happy Anniversary, Bri & Le, I love you so. Posted by Picasa

No comments: